Thursday, January 15, 2009

Job Interview

Thursday, January 15, 2009
This should be blogged yesterday since everything happened yesterday. But I was too tired last night and did a lot of stuff so here it is

I have a scheduled interview at a company near Monumento at 2pm. I was thinking leaving 1 hour earlier since it's my first time to go to that area. Thank goodness, LRT wasn't so crowded. It was not crowded at all! I even got to sit down:D haha:) The lady over the phone told me the directions to their place. And guess what, I was lost for a moment. It was really my first time to ride the LRT till Monumento (if I remember correctly) and It was my first time to go to that area too!

I was looking for puregold since the girl over the phone started her directions from puregold. Thank goodness for the kind vendors and guards I finally found puregold. maybe 1 -2 blocks away from the LRT. Maybe, I was scared of getting lost. I asked people before making a turn. I imagined myself driving without any idea where the destination was. It would probably take me whole day. That's why I like to commute whenever I go to a new place since it's easier to walk sometimes. You don't need to deal with turnng the wrong corner or something:D Since walkways are always TWO WAY!:D

Anyways, I arrived at the street, the nice lady over the phone told me that the number is 111. I still have around 15 -20 minutes left before 2pm. I saw 108, 109. then 11. so I assumed that was number 111. but it is not a grey gate! yikes. Then I asked people where -insert company here- is. They pointed me to a far direction. I was puzzled, since 108, 109 is here then 111 is soooooo far away. like a block or 2 away? I called up the company, thank goodness for giving me their number last time. Guess what! that street has two numbers! one old and one new! so, the company may be 111 but another number is 127! that's why it's still so far away! Yikes!

Finally! I found the place. I find it okay. honestly, d naman ako mapili sa workplace as long as they have a restroom. haha! basta malinis restroom it's fine with me. They keep asking me if the place was okay. It was really okay. I was just a little hesitant on the LOCATION not the place itself. It was really easy since it's just one ride away. but if you think what if the LRT's broken. yikes!

If LRT is not broken, then it would be fine. :D Imagine, just a ride everyday. saves time, money and energy:)

After the interview, I got back home riding the LRT. It took me just around 20 minutes or less from Monumento till Quirino Station. I was counting the average time for the first few stations. Around 1 minute per station since the LRT was almost empty. Everyone in the female cart got to sit down the first few stations.


During the whole train ride, I was thinking whether I'd be eating an ice cream at Mini stop on the way home. I really love their cheese ice cream. When I was about to go up the steps of the convenience store. I saw a friend from Chamber. I was a little bit shocked. Well, to make the long story short. He was scammed by someone. He saw a guy near burgundy asking for directions. The guy was looking for a trucking rental shop at Nagtahan. He was talking about COD and stuff that's why he brought this pouch with 12k in it DAW. It was in a pouch and you'd think it was a wad of bills and you could see a 50 peso bill from the outside. He told my friend that he would leave the 12k with my friend and wanted to get his wallet in exchange. But my friend told the guy that he only has 20 pesos in his wallet. So the guy just took his cellphone and necklace and told my friend to wait for him at the steps of Mini Stop. When he told me about what happened, the first thing that came to my mind was that he was probably scammed. He didn't open the pouch. We tried to call his phone, but the guy keeps rejecting the call. Then I thought, OH NO! Lumakas kutob ko na wala na d na babalik phone niya. Then I told him to just open the pouch, I'm pretty sure he was scammed. well. the pouch was really hard to open, We had to borrow scissors pa! then guess what. puros newspaper lang sa loob na cut into rectangles para magmukhang bills.

Grabe noh? I really felt bad for him. Since he really waited for a long time at the steps noh. I was really inis at the time. Thinking that probably these guys were targeting La Salle Students. Oh, the guy had an accomplice. I hope they get caught one day. Karma will definitely get them someday.


Two realizations for the day :

1) Imagine life without the LRT. Shucks! Baka d pa ako nakakatapak ng Monumento by today.

2) There are a lot of scammers out there. I hope they get to pay for those bad things they do someday. I really really hope MAKARMA SILA!



Touch My Hand - David Archuleta


2 comments:

  1. nangyari na to sa kaibigan ko nung highschool pa. basta never ever trust strangers especially if what's happening is really strange or unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree! grabe noh. wala lang. kaya nga noon college pag lakad ako uwi. kahit kakausapin ako d ko pinapansin. kunwaring d ko narinig. masama na kung masama. pero precaution lang un diba? ask sila sa mga guard:D

    ReplyDelete

 
If one day you wake up and find you're missing me ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates